statcount

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 11, 2011

New work, lecture and other updates!

Last week was super fun and crazy for me! A lot happened and I wish I had time to post about them earlier instead of cramming everything in this one post.

First thing first, I did a piece for the Village Voice special comic issue. The issue pays tribute to the annual MoCCA fest and uses ONLY comics and illustrations, click here to see the all the art. My piece is about Merce Cunningham Dance company's legacy tour at Joyce Theater, had a lot of fun with the circular format.


Second, I had my first guest lecture at awesome illustrator/educator Scott Bakal'sclass in MassArt. Photo courtesy to Scott. I was quite nervous before the presentation but glad it went well. Thank you MassArt students for being so enthusiastic and not judging me too hard. The presentation was a very good experience as it allowed me to evaluate my own work at this point after graduation for 1 year. It's also cool to be on the other side of the fence for the first time.

Oh, and I just confirmed that I will be doing another lecture at the legendary Chris Buzelli's class at SVA next Monday.

Thank you Scott and Chris for giving me the opportunities!




Last but not least, I am now officially represented by the wonderful and beautiful ladies at Morgan Gaynin!
Sorry for the long post and I hope you are enjoying the nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment