statcount

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Dragon Year Poster for McDonald's

FINALLY I can share this! I did this exciting job back in June 2011 and it has been a long hard 6 months observing the non-disclosure agreement. I was contacted by Benjamin Milam from Leo Burnett  to develop a design for the McDonald's vestibule poster and trayliner celebrating the Year of Dragon. I want to do it because the project seems like a perfect fit. 
I think Leo Burnett did a great job with the type and design.

 
Asian Lunar New year is an important holiday which brings together families and friends as they welcome a new year filled with hope and optimism. The idea of lighting red lanterns was chosen to express the festive mood and the spreading of good luck and blessing. 

 



Flowers are a huge part of Lunar New Year, I drew some Chinese peony (symbolized prosperity and wealth) and Chrysanthemum (symbolized longevity) in this illustration. 


I have been told that usually advertisement clients are a pain in the neck - greater money comes with greater restrictions, but not with this project. I enjoyed much creative freedom and was given a lot of insightful feedbacks. It was a great pleasure. Big thanks to producer Benjamin Milam, AD Jason Fisher and all the designers and good people at Leo Burnett! 

龍年快樂,身體健康,萬事如意,恭禧發財!
Happy Dragon Year!

7 comments:

  1. Is this just in China? or America? worldwide maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chinese peonies are beautiful! Love this piece : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see it high res. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 好可愛的龍..很喜歡這充滿喜慶的新年祝賀~

    ReplyDelete