statcount

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

NYT SundayBiz illo-Lonely Cubicle

I have a piece in the New York Times Sunday Business section today. It's about loneliness at workplaces. The saying "no man is an island" by John Donne came to mind when I was brainstorming for ideas. 

Color version

B/W version

I deiced to make the girl much bigger when I went into final. I think it makes a nicer composition and helps to emphasize the uneasy and repressed feeling of being trapped in the tiny cubicle. 

Big big thanks to AD Minh D. Uong!!

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL solution to a boring sounding article. Love the cloud around her head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeremy!!! It means a lot coming from you my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the texture and the color.......actually i like all of your works! keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete